Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hockey is back!


Alright, so while the Olympics were exciting for a while, I really was missing my NHL. And tonight I finally got to watch my boys play, by my boys I mean the Panthers, and even though it is painful to watch them play right now I still cheer them on. We hadn't won a game since January, I figured maybe with the Olympic break we'd come back refreshed...so wrong. We lost to the Thrashers 4-2 ...maybe they need to send Clemmie back to Rochester and find another back-up goalie who doesn't blow chunks. Tomorrow night they are back in Sunrise to take on the Flyers, I will be there...& I hope to God we don't get reamed.

On the flip side my second favorite NHL team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, came back on a high note and beat the Sabres 3-2. With Sidney probably still on the high from scoring the winning goal in overtime of the gold medal game, he apparently spread the spirit to the rest of the team. The game wasn't televised, so I'll be TiVo-ing it in the wee hours of the morning so I can watch my boys play. And by my boys, I mean the entire team. Staal, Malkin, Letang, Crosby...I could go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment